Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
By purchasing from Ligneum Merbau Decking, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions.
(1) Terms of trade must be agreed to prior to commencement of sales transactions between (Ligneum Merbau Decking) and the customer.
(2) The buyer must complete the sale transaction by due date mentioned on the invoice, unless alternative arrangements are mutually agreed to with the seller.
(3) An itemised account of all charges, costs and disbursements is provided on the invoice.
(4) Items will not be shipped or available for pickup until their respective payment has been received in full by the seller.
(5) Accounts overdue by 7 days incur a (monthly finance charge based on 10% per annum) and administration fee until the account is settled.
(6) If we incur any costs of collection, such as legal fees and collection agency fees etc., you agree to indemnify us for all such costs.
(7) All purchases are shipped using our preferred transport providers. We are not directly liable for any loss, theft, or damage to any goods occurring to items once they have left our care and control. Any problems arising with delivery should be taken up with our transport providers.
(8) Base pallet and all packing materials of the pallet will be dropped on-site along with Decking Timber. Delivery driver is NOT responsible to take rubbish. If you would like the driver to dispose rubbish then it will cost additional $60.
(9) While all care is taken, If problems do arise, please contact us by email, and we shall endeavor to resolve any issues promptly.
(10) The buyer agrees to notify the seller of any dissatisfaction with the purchased item within 7 days from receipt. Buyer must provide photographs as a proof and we might send our staff for inspection. Any cost incurred in returning an item will be at the expense of the buyer and packing must be done neatly with proper straps as it comes on the pallet.
(1) All Pictures shown are for illustration purpose only. Actual product may vary.
(2) All prices are subject to change without notice due to exchange rate fluctuations, shipping costs and availability.
(3) Hardwood decking products are carefully selected and inspected to ensure the quality. However, all natural wood is subject to expansion and contraction as the moisture in the environment surrounding the wood changes. Shrinkage, expansion, checking and other movement are normal occurrences in all hardwood decking. Natural wood products are subject to variances in color, grain, density and performance.
Ligneum Merbau Decking decking is not warranted against improper use and must be installed as per installation guidelines.
Ligneum Merbau Decking does not cover:
- Improper installation, including incorrect gaping.
- Movement or distortion from the ground or supporting structure on which the decking is installed
- Staining from foreign substances including but not limited to dirt, oil & grease.
- Ordinary wear and Tear.
- Dimensional change or “cupping” of the boards. This can occur after installation. Many different circumstances can cause cupping including poor ventilation or incorrect joist spacing. This is true for all wood species.
The main reason board’s cup is from moisture. Ventilation of the deck is a key factor. If the deck is low to the ground and the ground does not drain fast enough, the evaporating moisture rises and is trapped underneath the deck.
When the bottoms of the boards dry more slowly than the top of the board which has free air flow and sunlight, the boards may cup. The best prevention is to allow ventilation under your decking.
WARNING: MERBAU Timber contains tanning which can "bleed" from the timber when you install.
To avoid "tannin bleed" there are few things that you can do:
* Wash the timber down with water 3-4 times before installation to help flush out the tannins.
* Allow it to weather for 6-8 weeks.
* Seal the timber with a quality decking oil or decking sealant on all sides and cut ends before installing.
* Avoid installing near brickwork,above light coloured paving as the leaked tannin is likely to cause permanent staining particularly if left to dry out.* Please make sure to wash away any leaked tannin with water immediately to avoid staining.
Shop with confidence price guarantee means that we will beat or match any reasonable quote from any independent timber store in Melbourne.
How do i request a price match?
- You will have to present proof of the competitor's advertised price for the identical product, at the time of purchase.
- Once we verify your price match and the competitor's product is confirmed as per their ready stock (NOT pre-order price) and available for immediate sale then we will be happy to match the price or in some cases we will also beat the price.
- Customer must provide official quote received by competitors for us to review. We will conduct an investigation of the legitimacy of the other website or quote and their pricing. If we find anything inappropriate, then we have right to reject price match or price beat guarantee.
What proof do I present for price guarantee?
- Please provide our team member proof of competitor's current advertisement or website link, showing the offers and any terms. They may check the website to verify the lower price and availability of the product.
- Once your price match request is verified, we will create an offer for you to purchase the product from us at competitive price.
What is not covered?
- If the product is not identical. (e.g. random length, short length pricing will not be matched for long set length stock). Product must be identical for size & quality.
- Pricing with included delivery.
- Clearance products, pricing errors or any B Grade Products.
- Products shipped from or sold by third party sellers on marketplace, classifieds websites or any auction.
- Products with pricing set significantly lower than the recommended market value or retail price.
- Any offers which include bulk orders.
- If the price has been agreed and order is fulfilled, then we will NOT do price match in case customer will find lower price after purchase of the product.
- If the price is no longer available, the guarantee will not apply.